8 Tips for Upping Your iPhone Photography Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Ever wondered how to take the perfect iPhone pic? With all of those different angles, filters and types of lighting, capturing that like-worthy masterpiece can be quite the challenge! Here are eight fool-proof tips to help keep your Insta-game strong. All you have to do is wait for the likes to rack up, collegiette!

1. Avoid taking selfies in direct sunlight. The intensity tends to look harsh on the face. Plus, squinting and looking uncomfortable normally isn’t a look that people typically go for.  

2. Use the headphones that came with your phone as a remote control for the camera.

3. Try to use the rear-facing camera as opposed to the front-facing camera (the one most-commonly used for selfies) whenever possible. 

4. Remember to wipe off your lens regularly. It’s not uncommon for the lens to get dirty, which can majorly distort images. 

5. Use the grid feature to center your shots. 

6. Remember that your phone doesn’t actually take the picture until you take your finger off the shutter. 

7. Play around with your photo’s brightness and saturation before applying filters.

8. Take lots of pictures!

There are plenty of photo ops around every corner! All you have to do is keep your eyes open.

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !