3 Inspirational Makeup Artists You Need in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

As an amateur makeup artist, I spend ample amounts of free time watching other makeup artists on YouTube, whether it be makeup hauls, tutorials with palettes I own, or even just listening to artists talk about products they love and hate.  Seeking inspiration from other people in this field that I’m so passionate about helps me see what is trending and how styles are constantly changing.  I wanted to share with my lovely collegiettes the artists who inspire me most.  Whether you’re a fellow guru or just love to play around with your look sometimes, you should consider checking some of these folks out! In no particular order, here are some of my favorite makeup artists:

1. Manny Gutierrez 

From his straight-up sass to his impeccable techniques with cosmetics, Manny has stolen my heart recently.  He uploads a variety of tutorials, collaborations and even the occasional funny video. No matter what he posts, one thing is guaranteed: all of his videos are so much fun to watch!  

2. Andrea Matillano 

Always bright and bubbly, Andrea is a phenomenal makeup reviewer who does a lot of unboxing and swatch reviews.  My favorite part about her videos is that she talks about a lot of affordable makeup brands versus focusing on the expensive stuff that is hard for college gals like us to afford. 

3. Mirella Belle 

This girl is so perfect she can pull off purple hair… hello, jealous! In all seriousness, though, she makes fantastic tutorials and reviews and looks great doing so. Definitely check her out if you’re wanting to see what is new and upcoming. Mirella is always on-point with what is trending!

Check these artists out if you’re wanting to try new looks or are considering new products! Stay fierce, ladies!

I love makeup and caffeine.
Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !