15 Things to Do in 15 Minutes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

T.S. Eliot once wrote: “The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” If you are anything like me, then you often find yourself in random 15-minute breaks throughout the day that you have to waste. As a college student, breaks between classes, meals and extracurriculars are inevitable.  Here are 15 things to do the next time you find yourself in this situation! 

1. Nap. Cat naps are very real and very useful. I wouldn’t be here today without them.

2. Update Your Planner. Organization is the key to success in every college student’s life. Be sure to keep it on track, so you do too.

3. Make a To-Do List. You may not be able to get the items on your to-do list finished in 15 minutes, but you can make sure you know what you need to do later.

4. Netflix. So much entertainment in 15 minutes of *insert favorite Netflix series to bingewatch*

5. Paint Your Nails. Not only will your nails be gorgeous, but you will feel a little more refreshed after doing them.

6. Put Away Laundry. Those clothes have been sitting in the same chair/corner of your bed for the past week. The time has come to put them away.

7. Color. De-stress with an adult coloring book! It’s therapeutic, and the end result will be worth it.

8. Make Your Bed. Making your bed just makes your room look 10 times cleaner. Even if there’s no room to walk, if your bed is made, the whole place will look put together.

9. Eat Ice Cream. Because yum.

10. Study. There’s so much information you can cram in 15 minutes.

11. Listen to music. Music helps you de-stress during a hectic day.

12. Make yourself a hot beverage to get yourself through the day.

13. Have a dance party with your roommates, because who doesn’t love to dance ridiculously?

14. Online Shop. You’ll be so happy when you receive packages in your mailbox!

15. Write a note/card/letter to a friend from home you haven’t heard from in a while. Not only will this be a fun way to catch up, but you can get creative and even make homemade cards!

The next time you find yourself waiting around for the next activity in your schedule, try one of these activities to help feel more relaxed, happy, and maybe even slightly productive!

Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.