Some days you wake up and nothing is working out in your favor. Maybe the outfit you had picked out ended up looking cuter in your head than on your body, your hair is a frizzy mess, and you lost your favorite eyeliner. But fear not! I’m here to save your day with 10 beauty hacks using items that are easily accessible.
1. Use a spoon for winged liner. Use the handle of the spoon to create the base of the wing following the slant of your lower lash line, and use the curved part of the spoon to complete the tapered end of the wing.
2. Add saline solution to old mascara to re-wet it. Don’t have time to run to the store to buy new mascara? Add a few drops of saline solution, shake it up, and ta-da! You can use up every last bit!
3. Heat up your eyelash curler with your hair dryer to make your lashes curl easier. Your lashes will be bold and fabulous without having to wear falsies!
4. Make your lipstick last longer with a tissue and translucent powder. Apply your favorite shade, and tap translucent powder onto a tissue to set your look and make it last all day long!
5. Use baby powder to get bold lashes. Apply baby powder to your eyelashes in between coats of mascara to make them look thicker and longer!
6. Use a toilet seat cover as an oil blotting strip. Out shopping and realize that your face is an oily mess? Run to the bathroom and use a toilet seat cover as an oil blotting sheet in a pinch; it works just as well!
7. Use dryer sheets to eliminate hair static. Simply rub the dryer sheets over your hair to rid of static and fly-aways!
8. Shave your legs last. Wait at least 10 minutes before you shave your legs so that the hot water can soften the hair and open up follicles for a better shave. Bonus tip: Use conditioner to shave rather than shaving cream. It is cheaper and helps moisturize your legs in the process!
9. Use cornstarch when you run out of dry shampoo. Sprinkle cornstarch onto your roots to soak up extra oil in between washes.
10. Make your own lip color using cracked eyeshadow. If your favorite eyeshadow shatters (tragic, I know) put it to good use by turning it into your very own DIY lip color! Mix what’s left with some lip balm, and it’s as easy as that!
11. Use Vaseline for, well, basically everything. Apply it to your dry, cracked heels in the summer. Smooth a tiny bit over your brows to tame unruly hairs. Apply it to your lips to make them extra hydrated. Avoid messy manicures by applying it around your cuticles to prevent nail polish from getting all over your fingers. The uses really are endless.
Next time you are in a pinch, remember that there are limitless DIY beauty tricks you can use. Use your Pinterest wisely and you will be fierce and fabulous 24/7!