10 Songs Sure to Get You in the Christmas Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Its official, December is finally here. The holidays are always a special time for baking sweet treats, drinking hot cocoa by the fire and, of course, cheerful music. Below is a list of ten fabulous tunes that are sure to get you in the Christmas spirit!

Song: “All I Want for Christmas is You”

Artist: Mariah Carey 

Taken or not, this upbeat song is sure to ignite your Christmas joy. Honestly, who doesn’t love to karaoke alongside the flawless Mariah Carey?

Song: “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer”

Artist: Gene Autry

“Do you recall the most famous reindeer of all?” This classic tune will surely release your inner child and bring back enjoyable memories of previous Christmas memories.

Song: “Sleigh Ride”

Artist: Pentatonix

This song was created for two, so grab your loved one and prepare for a snowy adventure!

Song: “Winter Wonderland”

Artist: Jason Mraz

The Christmas season is beautiful for many reasons. Of course the shimmering snow that blankets the trees is no exception. This tune will give you a marvelous image of winter!

Song: “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”

Artist: Michael Bublé

If you actually think Santa Clause doesn’t exist, you’re lying! Let this serve as a friendly reminder: you better not pout and you better not cry!

Song: “Jingle Bell Rock”

Artist: Bobby Helms

This upbeat tune is Regina George-approved. Find your perfect Santa attire and dance the night away with your closest friends.

Song: “Mary Did You Know?”

Artist: Pentatonix

This beautiful song never ceases to leave chills running up my spine. It’s perfect for a calm, peaceful celebration while viewing local Christmas lights around town.

Song: “Rocking Around the Christmas Tree”

Artist: Brenda Lee

Are you ready to rock? This incredible jam is sure to take you on a holiday journey around the prettiest tree in the city. Enjoy the ride; it will be over before you know it!

Song: “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”

Artist: Andy Williams

It’s the happiest season of all! This song is the perfect way to unleash your enthusiastic Christmas spirit. Soak it up!

Song: “It’s beginning to look a Lot like Christmas”

Artist: Bing Crosby

Christmas trees are going up—on a December day! Lights are being strung, hot cocoa is being stirred, and holiday cheer is turning up!

So collegiette, hang your stockings and say your prayers because this semester is almost over and Christmas Break is rapidly approaching! Don’t forget to include these cheerful songs into your study regimen.

Merry Christmas y’all!

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !