Your 2016 Homecoming King Candidates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

If you’ve been on campus this week, and don’t live under a rock, you know that Homecoming competition has been everywhere. But to get a better look at who’s running for Homecoming King, I asked them some weird questions to get a glimpse at who these people really are.

Louis Colonna

1. I know you’re from New Jersey, what’s your favorite thing to do there?

My favorite thing to do in New Jersey depends on the time of the year. During the summer you can find me at the beach most of the time, but I love hanging out with my friends fishing and long boarding around the local campuses such as Princeton and Rutgers University.

2. Who’s your woman crush Wednesday?

If I had to think of a woman crush Wednesday I think I would have to pick Kristen Bell, she’s a great actress and very attractive.

3. What’s your favorite horror movie?

My favorite horror movie is a toss up between the 1999 version of the Blair Witch Project and the 1984 version of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Shurman Riggins

1. What’s your guilty pleasure?

My guilty pleasure is Sheetz. Haha it sounds weird but after every night I’m out I wake up with a new bag of chicken strips from sheetz. And not just regular chicken strips. Chicken strips tossed in Old Bay. I highly recommend them to everyone. Pretty sure one of my roommates and I have them at least twice a week. 

2. What’s your favorite movie?

My favorite movie of all time is Lion King. I watched it so much as a kid that the VHS tape (wow I feel old) stopped working and my parents had to buy another copy.

3. Describe a time when you were deathly scared, but now when you look back it wasn’t a big deal.

This past summer I went to visit a friend in Virginia. When I got to her house she was like “my dog doesn’t like anyone and might attack you.” I was deathly afraid of going into her house. Turns out the dog loved me for some reason and ended up laying on my lap. I even have photo proof. 

Timothy Martin

1. What’s your Starbucks order, and how does that describe your personality?

I enjoy an Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato! It’s refreshing and slightly complex just like me!

2. What’s your favorite Spotify playlist?

I like a variety of music but when I want to feel my roots I enjoy the Summer Party Playlist – Country.

3. What’s your dream job?

My dream job would be to be the head Vet on a Wildlife Reserve where we rehabilitate animals through therapy techniques and then release them back into the wild.

Roshan Daniel

1. What’s your favorite restaurant in Morgantown?

Tailpipes

2. What’s the weirdest gift you’ve ever gotten or received?

A food processor

3. What’s your ideal date?

Order a pizza from Papa Johns and watch 500 Days of Summer back at my place, lol.

Brandon Galindo

1. What’s your Chipotle order?

My chipotle order is a bowl with white rice, chicken, fajita veggies, pico, corn, lettuce, cheese and sour cream.

2. What is a memory from elementary school or middle school that you still laugh about today?

A memory I have from 6th grade. My parents said they were picking me up from school. I go outside and see they have a new puppy! So I take off running and bust my ass in front of the school.

3. Who’s your man crush Monday?

MCM would be Leo DiCaprio 

Alex Spradlin is a junior majoring in chemical engineering. She loves math, coffee, Queen, thrift-shopping, and feminism. She's enjoys piña coladas and getting caught in the rain, is way into yoga, and has more than half a brain.
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!