What’s the right amount of makeup to wear to class? 5 great tips for a quick natural look!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Have you ever rushed to an 8:30 a.m. class after pulling an all nighter not even knowing what you have on or what you look like, only to sit next to a girl who has a full face of make up and look like she’s about to go downtown? Here you are thinking, “No one cares; it’s 8:30 in the morning,” while this girl spent 30 minutes doing a smoky-eyed look for your English 102 class. Here are some tips on how to create the perfect look that will last all day, but will keep you from looking like you’re about to attend a fashion party.

1. Wash your face.
Splashing some cold water on your face will not only give you a fresher look but make up goes on much better when you start out with a clean face.

2. A little foundation goes a long way.
Foundation is one of those make up products that improve anyone’s look, especially college students who can easily develop bags under their eyes from not getting enough sleep. It’s important to find the right color to match your skin perfectly. Each person’s skin is different so feel free to shop around for the best brand for your skin. Once you have obtained the perfect color put on a light coat before applying anything else. (Be careful not to cake the foundation on, it’ll kill that the natural look.)

3. Bronzer/Blush is your best friend.
Bronzer/Blush immediately brings life and color to anyone’s face! The trick is to keep it light and make it look like your cheeks are naturally that color. Take a blush brush and shimmer on to the cheek bone. If all else fails put some bronzer on as you’re running out the door it really makes a difference!

4. Don’t forget about your eyes!

When you’re going with a natural look it’s important to use natural tones and nude colors. Simply apply the lighter colors to your entire lids with some darker colors in the creases of your lids. Mascara is also a great trick because it makes your eyes pop! A few swipes of mascara and you’ll look naturally well rested for class!

5. Less is more!
When creating the perfect natural look it’s important that you feel comfortable in how ever much make up you put on. If you feel that mascara is too much – don’t wear it, or if you feel naked without eyeliner put some on. This natural look works but you can always modify it to create the look you feel most confident in. Have fun accentuating your natural beauty!

Devin is a sophomore at West Virginia University, class of 2013. She was a direct-admit into the School of Journalism as a freshman, where she is now majoring in Public Relations with two minors in Political Science and Professional Writing & Editing. Devin started her journalism career in Fairmont, WV. In high school, she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 Maple Leaves Yearbook, which went on to receive a Silver Medal in the Columbia Scholastic Program of Achievement. She was a columnist for her local newspaper, The Times West Virginian, for two years. During her senior year in high school, Devin was a columnist for a national magazine, Gladys, where she went on to become the Public Relations Manager. At WVU, Devin is a member of Chi Omega Sorority. In her spare time, Devin enjoys drinking skinny vanilla lattes, watching Saturday Night Live (re-runs, of course, because she is never home on a Saturday night), and buying cocktail dresses. When she grows up, Devin wants to be a lawyer.