Top 5 Places To Find Your Perfect Formal Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

The time has come again to find the perfect formal dress. Now here comes the most fun yet stressful part, the dress. Here are a few places to help you out!

1. Lulus.com: It is a pretty reasonable price point and they have a ton of options

(Recommend if you are looking at long dresses in particular)

1. Tobi: good price point, tons of different options (Recommended for short dresses)
  1. Rent The Runway: top designer dresses to rent for your special night. You also get 20% your first order! (price point varies, a lot of great options to rent under $50)
  1. Xenia.com:  Great selection of shorter dresses! (I recommend purchasing from the site if you have a little extra time since it does not ship from the US)
  1. A friends or sorority sisters closet: It is the cheapest option and the quickest if you get a last minute invite.
Hello, Everyone! I’m Emma, a Sophomore at WVU majoring in Fashion Merchandising. I love cats, shopping and reality TV. I am a blogger called The College Stylist and fashion and beauty are my passions.
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.