Spring Into Fashion: Styles for 2012 That Won’t Hurt Your Wallet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

With the recently nice weather in Morgantown, it’s hard not to be longing for spring! This spring, tons of new fashion staples are coming back in style with a few new twists. Here’s how to look fashionable this spring without busting your budget:

Sheer Maxi Skirts

Sheer maxi skirts give a boho look and feel but keep you covered in the right places. Try pairing this one from Forever 21 with a tucked-in solid colored t-shirt or a short-sleeved button up shirt. 

Forever 21, Scalloped Lace Maxi Skirt, $22.80

Bright Orange and Tangerine

Bright orange and tangerine colored clothes and accessories are eye-popping and will match with more than you think. These bright colors will get you ready for summer and bring out your tan! Pair these Roxy shorts with these Michael Kors sandals and a white tee and you’ll be ready for the spring.

Roxy, Sunset Drops Corduroy Shorts, $46.50

Michael Kors, MICHAEL MICHAEL KORS Women’s MK Plate Jelly Sandals, $52.00

[pagebreak] 
Pastels

Anything that’s a diluted color is most likely a springtime pastel. Pastels are the signature color of spring, and this year, they scream spring fashion! Pair different pastels together for an outfit all your own. Try these pastel jeggings from Abercrombie & Fitch with a ruffled tank, like this one from Love Culture, and top it off with a solid blazer. 

Abercrombie & Fitch, The A&F Jegging in Yellow, $68.00

Love Culture, Ruffled Sleeveless Top in Coral, $5.80

Forever 21, Ruched ¾ Sleeve Linen Blazer in Dark Navy, $27.80

With all of these fashion staples for Spring 2012, you’ll never run out of style! 

Rachel is a junior at West Virginia University and a direct-admit to the P.I. Reed School of Journalism, majoring in public relations with a minor in dance. She is the treasurer of the WVU chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America and a member of the WVU Dance Ensemble. Rachel is currently an intern with the Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce, where she single-handedly designs, writes and edits the monthly newsletter. She also works part-time at Guess. Writing, dancing and fashion are all passions of Rachel’s. In her free time, she enjoys getting coffee, shopping (especially for high heels and dresses), tanning, sushi, reading, listening to music and being a closet movie buff. Rachel’s hometown is Pittsburgh, PA, where she hopes to return to live and work someday at a public relations agency.