Seven Reasons Why Thanksgiving Break Is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

When you get home from college for Thanksgiving break, it is the perfect time to catch up with friends and family, maybe make some extra spending money, but most importantly to stuff your face with excess amounts of food on Thanksgiving day. Here are seven reasons why Thanksgiving break is the best break for college students!

1. When you get home for break, you are reunited with your family, and can go back to actually having food in your house and you can finally see your pet that you have been dying to cuddle up with for the past few months of not being home.

2. You have no responsibilities basically. You are free to watch Netflix all day and not have it be a problem or you can sleep all week too, and not have to wake up for your early 8:30 a.m. class or go to work. This is you time, so take time to not do anything!

3. You get to see your friends from that you have not seen since August. Thanksgiving break is a great time to catch up with your friends you went to high school with and to update each other on your college lives. Though some people are not connected with their friends from high school once they leave for college, it is always nice to see a familiar face from the people you knew before college.

4. You can eat all you want. At college, we are all broke and hungry all the time. If you aren’t on a dining meal plan, you most likely cannot eat all the time when you would like. But, when you go home for break there is all the unlimited amounts of food in your pantry that you are very fond of. Want to make some pancakes? Sure go ahead. Want to pop some hot pockets in the oven real quick? Feel free to, no one’s stopping you!

5. When it’s Thanksgiving day you can eat all you want to. Besides the part of looking upon what you are thankful for, Thanksgiving is a great holiday to eat non-stop and have no shame in it whatsoever! It is completely fine if a few pounds are gained from Thanksgiving day!

6. Thanksgiving break is a great time realize what you are thankful for! This is a great time to reflect upon where you are today and what it has taken you to get to this point in your life. It is important to be thankful for everything that you have been given in life and where you have taken it.

7. It is only a week. After one week students are ready to go back to their college towns and be with their friends again. With less than a month away usually from winter break, one week is just enough to catch up with friends and family from home without driving themselves insane. With winter break being a whole month, Thanksgiving break is easily one of the best breaks.

With this break upon us, there is so much to be thankful for, so reflect upon that when you are home with family and friends!

I'm from Frederick, MD, but call Morgantown, WV my second home! I am a sophomore at WVU with a major in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Advertising and a minor in Business Administration. I am actively involved with being a sister of Alpha Xi Delta, U-92 FM, WVU AAF Ad Club and the Mountaineer Maniacs. 
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!