freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Perfect Ideas For the Perfect Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

The sight of chocolates, bouquets of flowers and little love cards mean one thing: Valentine’s Day is approaching. But, the day before Valentine’s Day is meant for just us girls – Galentine’s Day. Although this is an ‘unofficial’ holiday created by the infamous show Parks and Recreation, this is a special day to celebrate with your girls. Even if you’re in a relationship, you can still kick back and chill with your girl group. Time spent with your gal pals is special, so here’s to having the greatest day ever.

1. Have a spa day.

Face masks, painting each other’s nails or heading to your local spa to spend the day getting massages and a sauna is a great way to have a relaxing self-care time with your BFF. If you and your gals are looking for a way to relax and rejuvenate, having a spa day is the best way to go. There are places in the nearby Morgantown area such as Massage Envy, Tuscan Sun Spa & Salon, and the WV Nail Spa. Those are just three of many other options around the area. You deserve to be pampered!

2. Host a Netflix movie marathon.

This isn’t about watching sappy love stories, we’re talking about movies that will make you and your girls laugh like crazy. No one wants to be crying about hopeless romantic love stories the day before Valentine’s Day, so movies like White Chicks, Mean Girls or any other movies that your gal pals enjoy will craft a memorable movie marathon. Throw on your cutest pajamas, make popcorn, finish your chocolate and enjoy your favorite movies!

3. Grab your girls and head to the mall.

There’s no better way to spend time with your girls than enjoying a shopping spree? Head to your local mall and spend the day shopping with your gals. Get your hands on some cute clothes for a night out, try on some new outfits or even just window shop. If you’re looking for another option, go thrifting for the greatest deals on clothes. This is the perfect time to start stocking up on stylish summer outfits as the weather gets warmer.

4. Go on a day trip.

If you and your girls are feeling adventurous, take a day trip. Make a destination to somewhere everyone will enjoy and hit the road with your favorite tunes. It can be a local park, nature trail or even to your favorite destination spot close by. There are a TON of hiking trails around Morgantown and all around West Virginia (such as Cheat Lake) — or you can make a day trip to Pittsburgh. You will always make the most memories on a day trip with your girls.

5. Head downtown.

Of course, there’s always the option of dressing cute and going out for the night. Take pictures with your girls and enjoy the night. It can be going out to eat at a favorite restaurant, seeing a show or dancing your heart out. Either way, you and your girls deserve to have a fun night to end the perfect Galentine’s Day!

N/A