Overwhelming Beauty Stores: This Year’s Best Holiday Gift Sets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

The holiday season is officially in full force. This means that stores are overwhelmingly busy and shelves are stocked with the year’s must-have gifts. This couldn’t be more true for beauty stores like Ulta and Sephora who use the holiday season to display dazzling gift sets from every brand under the sun. For people not very familiar with the world of beauty and skincare, these stores can be overwhelming to walk into on a normal day, let alone during the busiest shopping time of the year. Maybe your shopping list includes buying from a beauty brand you’ve never heard of, or maybe your own wish list has whatever the best holiday set is from your favorite brand. Either way, with brands offering hundreds of different skincare, makeup and fragrance sets, it can be hard to find the perfect one for the best price. Here are some of this year’s best holiday gift sets from Ulta and Sephora. 

SOL DE JANEIRO- Bum Bum Carnival Celebration Set ($59 at Sephora) 

This is an amazing set for anybody who loves good body care and sweet-scented products. The Brazilian Bum Bum Cream has been a trendy product for the last couple of years due to its claim to tighten the appearance of skin. This set offers the full size along with three small-size editions of the hand cream, body wash and body mist. According to the Sephora website, these products have scent notes of salted caramel, pistachios and warm vanilla. The website also states that this set is an $89 value and free shipping is being offered right now. The set is rated 4.7 stars according to reviews. 

Benefit Cosmetics- Queen Of The Camp Set Limited Edition 4-Piece Holiday Set ($50 at Ulta)

This uniquely designed set has four full- size editions of Benefit Cosmetics’ most iconic products including the Porefessional Primer and the Hoola Bronzer. This set is great for anyone who loves the Benefit brand or is looking for some new editions to their makeup bag. According to the Ulta website, this set is valued at $112 and is exclusive to Ulta stores. Ulta is also offering a free gift when purchasing this set and the set is rated 4.8 stars based on the reviews. 

LANEIGE- Kiss Me All Day ($35 at Sephora)

In this set, LANEIGE offers three flavors of their daily wear lip balm/gloss including berry, pear and peach. This brand became popular in Sephora stores over the last year due to their lip sleeping mask which has been loved and highly reviewed by many. According to the Sephora website, this set is valued at $45 and has 4.6 stars. This set would be great for anyone who loved the original sleeping mask, and would be great as a stocking stuffer! 

First Aid Beauty- Calling All FAB Skin Heros ($49 at Ulta)

First Aid Beauty pulled out all the stops this holiday season by offering a kit filled with all their best skincare. The kit includes small versions of their cleanser, repair cream, lip balm, moisturizer and hydrating primer, and is great for anyone who is looking to try the brand without having to buy full sizes of each product. According to the Ulta website, this kit is valued at $115 and has 4.9 stars based on the reviews. 

Glow Recipe- Let It Glow ($39 at Sephora)

The Glow Recipe brand became popular on Instagram over the last year due to its trendy packaging and watermelon scented mask. This kit includes the famous watermelon glow sleeping mask, the blueberry cleanser and the watermelon moisturizer. This kit is great for anybody who has been wanting to try the collection. According to the Sephora website, this kit is valued at $72 and has 4.5 stars based on the reviews. 

This year, the beauty stores have gone all out to offer the best holiday kits at affordable prices. Whether you’re shopping for someone else or just picking up something for yourself, the wide array of options offered at both stores ensures that you will be able to find something you love! 

Edited by Katie Carnefix

Cheyenne Oakes is a junior at West Virginia University, majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Political Science and Women and Gender Studies.
Rachel is a graduate student at WVU majoring in journalism with minors in Appalachian studies, history and political science. In addition to writing for Her Campus, she is also a publicity intern for Arts and Entertainment and a news intern for Univerisity Relations. She is from Princeton, West Virginia and loves her state and its beautiful mountains. She is passionate about many things including dogs, musicals and the Mountaineers.