This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Do you have a favorite number? Perhaps a number has seemed to pop up in various aspects of your life, or you’ve been drawn to a certain number and can’t explain why. This number may mean more than you think.

According to Numerology.com, “Numerology is the study of numbers and their energetic influence on our lives.” People interact daily with numbers, so it’s easy to take them for granted. Numbers are symbolic and carry energetic vibrations that can impact humanity. Each number’s vibrations are unique, and in turn, affect people in different ways. Numerology is often used to find direction and meaning in a person’s life. It can also be used for forecasting to see what type of energy will influence someone’s future.

The most direct way numbers affect your life is through your Numerology chart. These core numbers include your Life Path number, Expression number and your Birthday number. Your Name Numerology and Numerology compatibility are also roped into your chart. “Your Numerology chart contains key insight that can be used to reveal your life purpose and destiny, as well as forecast your future,” Numerology.com Staff writes.

The foundation of Numerology is the single digits one through nine. They are the basis of every number. Any number can be made into a single digit by adding the individual numbers it consists of. For example, the number 26 reduces to eight because two plus six equals eight. By studying the distinctive meanings of each digit, one through nine, a numerologist is able to read the larger meaning of any other number.

Your Numerology chart is based on your birth date and your full birth name. This means your numbers are unique to you and only you. When getting a Numerology reading, a numerologist calculates the placements in your chart and reveals their energetic impact. According to Numerology.com, a Life Path number is the most important Numerology number in your chart. It reveals the road you are on and the person you are spending your life becoming. The Life Path number is derived from your day, month and year of birth. Your birthday number tells you about the special skills you were born with and have to offer. 

Though single digits get most of the hype, Numerology.com says there are a select few double-digit numbers that are so impactful that they are often left in their original two-digit form. These are known as “Magic Numbers,” and there are only three: 11, 22 and 33. These are especially spiritual numbers that can have a tremendous impact on a person’s life path and overall purpose. Elevens are enlightened, receptive and charismatic. Twenty-twos are disciplined, capable and successful. Lastly, thirty-threes are nurturing, altruistic and wise.

If you would like to find out more about Numerology, check out Numerology.com. You can get your own numerology report here.

Kenzie is a senior at West Virginia University from Tornado, West Virginia. She is majoring in advertising and minoring in Appalachian studies and interactive design for media. In addition to being a writer for Her Campus at WVU, she works as a ticketing and marketing intern for the university's Arts and Entertainment department. She also works as a hospitality and tourism intern for Visit Mountaineer Country Convention and Visitors Bureau. Kenzie loves coffee, candles and all things Harry Potter!
Kasey is a senior at West Virginia University from Elkton, Maryland. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Strategic Social Media, Sport Communications and Fashion Merchandising. She loves writing, being outdoors, listening to music and going to concerts. Most importantly, she is an avid Katy Perry fan. In the future, she hopes to do PR for a sports team.