This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Entertainment

So, this is probably the only thing that anyone is going to care about for the rest of the year (rightfully so). With the cable industry dwindling due to the increasing popularity of online streaming services, many companies are taking advantage. Mid-November, Disney launched its new streaming service, Disney+. Users have the ability to stream all Disney, Pixar, Marvel and National Geographic shows and movies. Yes, this even includes all of the Star Wars movies. Alone, Disney+ costs $6.99/month, but there is a bundle deal available that includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for $12.99/month. I think that we all owe Disney a thank you for making it easier for us to relive our childhood while we are in our twenties.

Music 

After viewers gawked at celebrities’ red carpet looks, especially Lizzo’s orange ruffle dress accessorized with a “tiny purse”, fans of the American Music Awards settled in for a night full of well-deserved awards. Taylor Swift received the biggest award given, being named the Artist of the Decade. Bringing it in for the ladies, Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish won six awards each; this was the most out of any female who had been nominated. Halsey’s “Without Me” received the award for Favorite Pop/Rock Song while Cardi B won the award for Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist. Lastly, it is no surprise that Beyonce was named the Favorite Female Soul/R&B Artist. To see a full list of nominations and winners, visit the American Music Awards website.

ET Online

Politics 

With the election year closing in, candidates are solidifying their platforms and speaking on what they believe is the root of some tragic events occurring in America. In the past, mental health has not been a large part of the political conversation, but presidential candidate Kamala Harris (D-CA) did not hesitate to speak on the topic at a recent debate (At the time this was written, Kamala Harris was a presidential candidate but has since dropped out of the race). In a video that Harris shared on her twitter page, she says, “We keep talking about healthcare as we should, but the conversation is only focused on the health of the body from the neck down instead of focusing on the health that we need to address from the neck up.” Kamala goes on to say that she believes that this is one of the biggest public policy failures of America.

Business Insider

Sports

The United States Women’s National Soccer Team completed their 2019 season and with that, Jill Ellis ended her reign as coach of the women’s national team. Ellis was nothing less than superb in her five years as head coach. Following the team’s win at the World Cup in France this past summer, she announced that the last game of the victory tour would be her final game coaching. Jill Ellis logged 106 wins, 19 ties, and only seven losses in the last five years. 15 of those wins were during the two World Cups that Ellis was coach, both tournaments of which they won.  53-year old Jill Ellis is now the winningest and most successful coach in USWNT history and we do not expect to see anyone surpass her for at least the next five years.

CNN

Edited by Madison Greer

Madisen is a sophomore honors student at West Virginia University. She is pursuing a degree in Medical Laboratory Science with a minor in Communication Studies. Upon completing her degree, Madisen hopes to be accepted to physician's assistant school to continue her education. Madisen strives to be diverse in everything she does by delving into writing, science, photography, and painting. Being so diverse has allowed her to find the beauty in many aspects of life!
Rachel is a graduate student at WVU majoring in journalism with minors in Appalachian studies, history and political science. In addition to writing for Her Campus, she is also a publicity intern for Arts and Entertainment and a news intern for Univerisity Relations. She is from Princeton, West Virginia and loves her state and its beautiful mountains. She is passionate about many things including dogs, musicals and the Mountaineers.