This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

It’s 2017 and I think a lot of us are realizing that we aren’t the person we thought we’d be by now. If you asked me four years ago where I would be on this day I would’ve told you that I was three months away from getting my degree in education, I was in a committed long term relationship with my high school sweetheart and I had the same best friends I had graduated high school with. However, that was four years ago and a lot changes in four years. Today, I am three months away from graduating with a degree in journalism, I am single and out of my three closest friends from high school, I only keep in touch with one of them.

Being a senior is scary. Some of us don’t know what next year might bring. We might end up in New York with the internship or job of our dreams, we might decide to stay in school to get our masters or if worse comes to worse, we get stuck at home with our parents (sorry mom and dad). Find your passion this year, fall in love, be bold, be eager to learn and most importantly, find the best you.

Now is the time to find yourself. Find the person you lost along the way. It’s important to be confident in yourself and your abilities.

In 2017 I will… focus on myself

Get yourself to the gym. Focus on making a better you. Don’t do it to impress a boy or anyone else for that matter, do it for you.

In 2017 I will… love more

Love your parents more; love your best friends more, nothing feels better than loving and being loved in return.

In 2017 I will… travel

ROADTRIP! Get yourself to travel somewhere you’ve always wanted to go, even if it’s only two hours from where you live. Get out and be adventurous in any way you can.

In 2017 I will… leave the past behind

It’s easy to constantly think about our past mistakes and failures but why dwell on the past when the future is so much brighter and so much more exciting. Learn from them. Stop thinking about the best friend you lost because of a silly argument, what’s done is done. The past can’t be changed so don’t let it ruin your present.

In 2017 I won’t… chase boys

You’ll never find true love if you force it. Never forget that what is meant to be will be. Prince charming will find you; don’t go out of your way to find him in everyone you meet.

In 2017 I won’t… spend all of my money (on clothes)

Soon you’re going to have to pay for big girl things and you’re going to be (hopefully) getting a big girl paycheck. Learn how to save it otherwise you won’t be able to afford that nice new car that your mom always said you deserved.

In 2017 I won’t… let others opinions influence my choices

If you feel strongly about eating an entire plate of nachos on your own after a rough day at work, do it. If you decide you want to move back in with your parents, do it. If your friends have something to say other than how much they support you, they aren’t the greatest friends. Do what makes YOU happy, not what makes others happy.

In 2017 I won’t… hold myself back

Don’t not apply for your dream job because you think someone out there is more qualified than you. Push yourself to branch out. Be confident in your ability.

Be the best you, always. 2017 is our year.

I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!