A New Morgantown Fashion Designer Launches First Clothing Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

On April 20, I attended the First Annual fashion show and website launch for local Tony Dang’s clothing line, Half Ounce of Life. It took place at Dragonfly Sushi Bar & Grill and housed hundreds of eager fashionistas sipping spirits, dressed to impress.

A parody of the Charlie Sheen interview on 20/20 with designer Dan directed the show and filled the space between wardrobe changes. Nylon metallic’s, cotton, jewels, floral, beads, jeans and leather adorned each and every model. DJ Yemi provided a mixture of dutch-house and hip-hop and played from the sky bar above the runway.

With the help of Christina DeAntonis, owner of Altered Ego and once celebrity stylist to artists like Chris Brown and Keri Hilson, Dang said that his dream of breaking into the fashion scene has been possible.

The vibe at the show was relaxed and with profits made from donations going to the Japan relief fund, attendees were eager to show support for not only Half Ounce of Life, but for a good cause.

Last week was a real step out of the classic Morgantown scene and was a great start to spring.

Morgantown can look forward to seeing more of Tony Dang’s Half Ounce of Life designs at Altered Ego in the near future, because he has really made a statement.

Devin is a sophomore at West Virginia University, class of 2013. She was a direct-admit into the School of Journalism as a freshman, where she is now majoring in Public Relations with two minors in Political Science and Professional Writing & Editing. Devin started her journalism career in Fairmont, WV. In high school, she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 Maple Leaves Yearbook, which went on to receive a Silver Medal in the Columbia Scholastic Program of Achievement. She was a columnist for her local newspaper, The Times West Virginian, for two years. During her senior year in high school, Devin was a columnist for a national magazine, Gladys, where she went on to become the Public Relations Manager. At WVU, Devin is a member of Chi Omega Sorority. In her spare time, Devin enjoys drinking skinny vanilla lattes, watching Saturday Night Live (re-runs, of course, because she is never home on a Saturday night), and buying cocktail dresses. When she grows up, Devin wants to be a lawyer.