NCAA Loss Won’t Hold Mountaineers Back from a St. Patrick’s Day Celebration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Saturday, March 17 will mark one of the biggest events in Morgantown, W.Va. St. Patrick’s Day brings students together all over the West Virginia University campus.

After the men’s basketball NCAA tournament blowout on Thursday night, Mountaineers need a holiday to bring the pride back to life.

“Our boys played a good game, but our town needs a good who-raw for self-esteem purposes, said Zach Kendrick, WVU student and bouncer at The Cellar. “I can’t wait to see the students cheer up for St. Patrick’s Day.”

The Cellar, along with the rest of High St. plans to be bombarded with crowds of green. Students, not only from West Virginia University, attend the festivities.

“Everyone is Irish on Saturday!” said Amber Baker, Fairmont State student. “I come to WVU ever year for two events: Halloween and St. Patrick’s Day.”

Bars are opening extremely early for the holiday. The Boston Beanery opens their doors at 8 a.m. Along with Mario’s Fish Bowl at 11 a.m., Joe Mama’s at noon, McClafferty’s at 2 p.m. and several more.

Green beer is not the only drink that will be spilling out of mugs on Saturday. Bars are recommended and encouraged to offer great prices on almost all Irish related beverages, such as: Killians, Guinness, Irish Car Bombs, Irish-American shots, Dancing Leprechaun’s, and many, many more.

Make sure to get out with your fellow Mountaineers and celebrate an exciting celebration. Stop drowning in the NCAA sorrows. St. Patrick’s Day is here to bring the campus back to life!

All of the drink specials and time accommodations can be found at www.dubvnightlife.com

Becca is a junior from Collegeville, Pennsylvania. She attends West Virginia University where she is pursing a major in Advertising and minors in Business and Communications. She is involved in the Martin-Hall Agency, which is the advertising club for the University. She is currently interning as an American Eagle Campus Representative for WVU, where she works with two other girls to promote the brand on campus. In her spare time, she loves to shop, read, play field hockey and, of course, eat. Living right outside of Philly her whole life, she can’t resist a good cheesesteak and an awesome Phillies game. She looks forward to graduating college and finding a job working at a large advertising firm in either Pittsburgh or back home in Philly.