This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

When the temperatures start to drop, my skin starts to become a flakey and dry mess. Fortunately, I’ve found products to help keep my skin feeling hydrated despite the cold weather. Here are five of my favorite moisturizers! 1. First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer ($28) 

When I received this in my Ipsy bag back in June, I was so excited to try it out! I love how it’s not only a moisturizer but also a primer. Throw this on in the mornings when you’re pressed for time because it does two jobs at once. The yummy coconut scent is an added bonus!

2. COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 ($42)

Another Ipsy bag surprise! Not only does it have an SPF, but it keeps your skin feeling replenished all day long. Use a pea-sized amount and work into your palms to feel hydrated all day! 3. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream Unscented ($18)

I started using this in middle school, per my dermatologist, and it really works wonders! The thick consistency instantly replenishes dry skin. I like to use this after washing my face in the shower when my face feels tight and dry. 

4. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Water Gel Face Moisturizer ($23)

This moisturizer is a game changer! I have never had a breakout with this product, which is hard when trying new skincare with acne-prone skin. This is a lightweight gel that is sure to keep your skin feeling supple. 5. Ponds Hydrating Dry Skin Cream ($7)

Ponds consistently puts out great skincare, and their Hydrating Dry Skin Cream is just that. It’s lightweight, it smells nice, and it keeps your skin feeling silky smooth. This is a great product for when you want to give your skin a break from a heavy moisturizer. This is also a great option if you’re on a budget!

If dry skin is something you really struggle with, I strongly recommend trying out these great moisturizers. In my opinion, nothing beats the feeling of smooth skin and all of these products helped me achieve that!

Edited by Katie Carnefix

Bailee is a freshman at West Virginia University from Fairmont, West Virginia. She is majoring in Sport and Adventure Media with an emphasis in Sport. She enjoys writing, shopping, hanging out with her friends, and listening to music (preferably John Mayer). In the future, Bailee hopes to be a sideline reporter in the sports media industry.
Rachel is a graduate student at WVU majoring in journalism with minors in Appalachian studies, history and political science. In addition to writing for Her Campus, she is also a publicity intern for Arts and Entertainment and a news intern for Univerisity Relations. She is from Princeton, West Virginia and loves her state and its beautiful mountains. She is passionate about many things including dogs, musicals and the Mountaineers.