This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Jordan Thompson!  He is a senior WVU football player from Houston, Texas. Jordan is currently majoring in criminology with a minor in communications. He plays wide receiver for the Mountaineers and has had 2 touchdowns so far this season. Look for #10 as WVU plays K-State for their final home game, Thursday, November 20th! Let’s Go Mountaineers!

Q: How long have you been playing football?

A: Since I was 9 years old, so 11 years

Q: What made you choose to play for WVU?

A: The fan base and it provided me an opportunity to play Division 1 football

Q: What does being a Mountaineer mean to you?

A: Being a Mountaineer means being a hard-worker and taking great pride in the state of West Virginia

Q:  What is you favorite part about being a football player?

A: My favorite part about being a football is playing the game of football

Q:  How do you spend your off season?

A: I spend my off-season training and preparing for the following season (lifting weights, running sprints, catching footballs, running routes, watching film).                                 

Q: How much has football impacted your life?

A: Football has impacted my life tremendously because it has taught me multiple attributes and lessons. For example, football has taught me that nothing in life comes easy; you have to earn things that you want.

Q: What do you plan on doing after you graduate?

A: I plan on playing in the NFL. If that doesn’t work, I plan to become a detective, or private investigator                                                                              

Q: How do you balance out being a student and an athlete?             

A:   Balancing out being a student-athlete has become second nature to me since I have been doing it since I was five years old. I just make sure that school comes before sports; if you can’t make the grades, you can’t play. School is the main focus and the top priority. One’s sports’ life will eventually come to an end. Once you achieve a degree, no one can take that away from you.