Its mid-semester, fall break has come and gone and you’re finding it hard to stay motivated. You’re knee-deep in assignments, exams are more frequent and you really can’t afford to lose momentum. This is called ‘crunch time.’ The best way you can guarantee that you stay motivated and productive during this time is to prepare. Here are some tips that will ensure productivity this fall:
1. First, create a workspace. Find a place that will make you want to focus on what you’re doing. Stay away from loud places or where you can get easily distracted. The library is a reliable option.
2. Dedicate time to planning ahead. A few minutes in the morning or evening to plan for the day or even for the week ahead will allow you move from task to task with ease. Have internship application deadlines coming up? This is the time to make sure your calendar is updated.
3. Set goals and strive to achieve them. Maybe it’s to update your resume or apply to that spring internship. When you set goals, you’re giving yourself something to strive for. Motivation is key.
4. Know when you’re the most productive. Everyone has that window of time during the day when they are the most focused. Use that to your advantage and get the harder tasks out of the way first. You’ll find yourself crossing things off your list in no time.
5. Know the resources your school has made available to you. If you’re struggling with a class or need someone to proofread your English paper, know where you can go to get that help. It’s easy to fall behind and now that we’re mid-way through the semester, you shouldn’t waste any time.
6. Keep a positive attitude. Like most things in life, being productive requires a good attitude. Don’t linger on what you didn’t get done, instead be happy with what you did accomplish. Being positive is like doing yourself a favor, positive attitude = less worry = better sleep = a productive you tomorrow.