How to Keep the Winter Blues from Affecting Your Blonde Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

So this summer you went super light with your hair, and you were feeling amazing and bright. Now the cold is upon us, which also means fair skin. The freezing season is here and I’m always left questioning myself is it time to go back to the dark side? In this article I hope to give some ideas about how to look your best in the winter while maintaining good hair.

If you love summer blonde hair how about some low lights? There are many blonde hairstyles that allow you to keep your beachy hair and still be winter appropriate. A lowlight is often similar to your natural color. When a hairstylist looks at your base color they will be able to determine your lowlights.

If you’re after a way to tap into the simple joys of winter, balayage is the perfect choice for you. Balayage is also perfect for us college students on a budget. We simply don’t have the time or money to be at the hairdresser every four to six weeks. Balayage enables you to spend time without the hairdresser and avoid terrible roots!

Another tip is trying to turn your platinum hair to a deep ash! This allows for dimension, and goes perfect with fair skin!

Being a blonde in the winter is surely a big struggle, and to me it’s equivalent to the annoyance of a huge pimple on your big day. But, thankfully 2017 has us all prepared for some awesome trends. So get out there, and try something new.

XOXO

Hello! I was born and raised in a small town south of Pittsburgh called Uniontown. I’m currently attending West Virginia University where I’m studying Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations, and minoring in Communications. My activities on campus include blogging for HerCampus WVU, The Mountaineer Maniacs, Chi Alpha and  Alpha Phi! I love traveling, adventuring, taking pictures, and Jesus! xoxo  
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!