gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Deal With Long Distance Relationships On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Long Distance Relationships can get very hard especially around the holidays… you know the ones I’m talking about, where everyone is focused on “love and togetherness.”  Sometimes those feelings of missing out and wanting to be with your significant other, especially during these times, can get super overwhelming. Lucky for you, I’m here to help!

Here are some ways to feel closer to your “special someone” if you can’t meet up for Valentine’s Day!

• Send small, personal gifts: Candies, pictures of you two together, and a handmade card can go a long way.  Also, spraying your card with their favorite scent of yours would mean a lot to them when they receive the card.
  • Skype dinner date: Arrange to eat dinner together while video chatting.  Make it seem more authentic by coordinating the same dinner and dressing up as if you’re actually going out.
  • Skype movie date: Get comfy in bed, pick a movie, and count down multiple times trying to perfectly sync your movies.
  • Push Valentine’s Day back: Maybe talk about saving Valentine’s Day until you can meet. Even though it’s traditionally celebrated on the 14th of February, nothing says you can’t celebrate any other day!

Distance can definitely put a damper on relationships, but if you go with any of my suggestions, I promise that whole “long distance” thing may get a little bit better.

Hi, my name is Vanessa and I am a Fashion Merchandising major. I also am a Fourth Degree Black Belt martial artist with aspirations of becoming an actress/model! I joined HerCampus because I love absolutley everything about the website such as beauty, fitness, lifestyle, relationship advice, and keeping up with celebrities! I enjoy reading all these articles and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.