Five Guys Opens in the Suncrest Town Centre

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

The newest food craze in Morgantown has arrived. Five Guys has opened its newest location in the Suncrest Town Centre.  It has been a long-awaited arrival since the sign for the restaurant went up last year, and people have been buzzing about it ever since. When passing by after the sign was just put up I remember one of my friends saying, “I can’t wait for Five Guys to come.” The hype has been around ever since and patrons are flocking to the new establishment.

“I had never had Five Guys before so I didn’t really know what to expect,” said Connor Stalker, a West Virginia University student. “I thought it would be great because of all the stuff I had heard about it and it definitely lived up to those expectations.”

The restaurant is well known for its burgers, fries and most importantly it’s bulk peanuts. The first Five Guys was opened in 1986 in Arlington, Virginia, by the Murrell family, and ever since the establishment of their first location the Five Guys name grew and has been getting more well known. In 2003, Five Guys expanded to over 900 franchise locations in 46 states and 6 Canadian provinces.

Options offered at the restaurant include hamburgers, hot dogs and fries with 15 different fresh topping choices. The restaurant prides itself on providing fresh, never frozen beef.  There are also 250,000 possible ways to order a burger when you go.

WVU student Mike Donnelly told us, “When I went I got a cheeseburger with fries, the meat was tender and fresh, and the fries really hit the spot. It’s safe to say it was filling because I was in a short food coma afterwards. Also even though it’s busy, the line moves really fast so don’t let that turn you away.”

People cannot get enough of the food and inviting atmosphere you get when you walk into the restaurant. The red and white décor and checkered signs makes it feel very inviting and casual. Family oriented, Five Guys is a great place to get together, have a great meal and enjoy the company of friends.

Rachel is a junior at West Virginia University and a direct-admit to the P.I. Reed School of Journalism, majoring in public relations with a minor in dance. She is the treasurer of the WVU chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America and a member of the WVU Dance Ensemble. Rachel is currently an intern with the Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce, where she single-handedly designs, writes and edits the monthly newsletter. She also works part-time at Guess. Writing, dancing and fashion are all passions of Rachel’s. In her free time, she enjoys getting coffee, shopping (especially for high heels and dresses), tanning, sushi, reading, listening to music and being a closet movie buff. Rachel’s hometown is Pittsburgh, PA, where she hopes to return to live and work someday at a public relations agency.