Expensive Taste, Cheap Cost: Skincare Edition. Article Graphic. Made with Canva

Expensive Taste, Efficient Cost: Skincare Edition

The Ordinary is the brand merging science and skincare. As a college student, skincare is a necessity with how often we are exposed to the sun and stress, however, many quality skincare brands are way out of our barely-there-college budgets. This is why, in this edition of “Expensive Taste, Cheap Cost,” I will be talking about the not so ordinary skincare brand that revolutionized how I approach skincare: The Ordinary

Here are the reasons why you will love the brand as much as I do by the end of this article:

1. All products are free of parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, animal oils, coal tar dyes, formaldehyde, mercury, oxybenzone. 

2. Complete transparency and trust in their products by offering a 365-day return policy and clearly labeling their products. 

3. Foundation guide swatch on diverse skin tones

The Ordinary foundation range Felicia Buitenwerf in Unplash

4. Amazing unique products like the famous “blood/vampire peel” 

3 Skin care bottles of The Ordinary Okan Younesi in Unsplash

Nicknamed after its vibrant red color, the ‘AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution’ also obtained its fame from its amazing clearing-skin results. Across social media, individuals have demonstrated the before and after results after a couple of times using the product. However, as incredible as it sounds, I saw results after the first application and have continued to see them every week ever since. 

Warning: the product has a high concentration of free acids, so it is not recommended for sensitive skins.

5. And saving the best for last, most of their products are LESS THAN $10 

Give their products a try, your skin will thank you later!