This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Ladies, it’s that time of year again… time to go out dressed a little risky or like a complete idiot, either way you do it remember that Halloween is just a few weeks away. 

This year, I vote to start a new tradition for us girls. Instead of dressing in sometimes skanky clothing and calling ourselves playboy bunnies or schoolgirls, let’s think outside of the box and try to be more creative. You can go as anything in the world!

My particular favorite costumes are always the goofy ones like and outlet and plug (for a couple or friends) or the minions from Despicable Me. Whatever your inspiration may be, put your own twist on it and make it your own!

Go to costume parties with some friends and do not feel shy. No one can judge you on Halloween. It’s the only time of the year where everyone is acting like someone else and changing their own personal appearance. With the changes in the season, it’s a time we can change and have fun…. while dressed up like a fool parading downtown to the bars and clubs. So be creative and start thinking of costume ideas.