Mental Health

Check This Out: Shine Texts

It’s 8:00 am on a Monday morning, my alarm just went off to get up and go to class, and I absolutely have no motivation to get on for the week let alone that day. Just 30 minutes later, I receive a text stating, “Snaps on making it to the last 34 days of 2017, Riley! Deep breath in – you got this. Today, own your ‘internal locus of control.’” I just read a text that absolutely read my mind. I didn’t know how I was going to get through the rest of this semester with all the
stress that continuously builds up in my mind but that little text gave me a little spark that I had needed.

Thanks to the creators of Shine Texts, they founded the perfect fulfillment for the confidence gap. Anyone can sign up to receive daily text messages that are written by the founders themselves to affirm and provide solutions or advice.

By signing up for Shine you’ll get messages like:

“Gratitude turns what we have into enough. Whether today’s about your people. Button-free
pants or Netflix – soak it all up, Riley.”

“Haters got you motivated, Riley? You show ‘em. Just don’t forget people who believe in you. Today, get lifted by your ‘yaysayers’.”

“That feeling when someone is stressed; then you feel it too? It’s ‘secondhand anxiety,’ Riley. Today, reject ‘catching feelings’.”

And if you’re needing even more push during the day, you can respond back with “M” to be sent another piece of advice or affirmation. Or you can even check out their website’s advice section where there are numerous articles written by the Shine Team to really find something that speaks to you.

So go ahead girl; sign up for Shine texts to get yourself through the day with something other than coffee!

Using this link: www.shinetext.com/?r=gJw0wav

Riley is a junior at West Virginia University, where she studies Strategic Communications, Event Planning and Sports Communication. Outside of her involvement with Her Campus, Riley is a sister of the Chi Omega Fraternity and works as a Live Sales Coordinator for University Tees. One of her favorite memories of Her Campus so far has been attending College Fashion Week in NYC in fall 2018. She believes her quick weekend trip to NYC solidified her hopes and aspirations for herself and even inspired some new goals she hopes to achieve. Riley is a massive fan of Britney Spears, even in her 2007 downfall, Panera's Cheddar & Broccoli Soup and online shopping. Once she graduates, she aspires to be in Public Relations or Event Promotions for a professional sports team or concert venues, but in the meantime, you'll catch her rewatching every episode of Friends till 2021.