Campus Celeb, Jackie Riggleman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

We can all thank this weeks campus celebrity, Jackie Riggleman, for putting together one of the most amazing Mountaineer Weeks to date! Jackie is a 21 year old sports management student here at WVU in her first year of graduate school. From Moorefield West Virginia, Jackie says being a Mountaineer means, “Not only showing pride in your school but in your state. Representing West Virginia University and West Virginia inside and outside the classroom with passion and allegiance.” She has been working diligently with the university to make sure this week is everything that over 26,000 students could dream and more! This is the 66th annual Mountaineer week where students partake in university traditions like the PRT cram, beard growing contest, and rap up with Mountaineer Idol, designed after American Idol. 

The hardest part has also been the most rewarding. 

“Having so many events happening at one time. I cannot be at every single one, so I have to trust my committee to be able to cover the events I am unable to make,” Riggleman said, “Fortunately, I have been blessed with a great committee this year who have made my job a lot easier and fun!”

The best part? “Definitely, it is very rewarding to see everything come together and I have direct access to funnel cakes for an entire week!”

…We are very, very jealous of that access!

Jackie has been involved with Mountaineer Week in some form since freshman year of college. 

“It is such a fun group to be a part of because you get to plan events that are native to West Virginia.” Riggleman said.

Some other cool things about Jackie!

Campus involvement: Sports Management Graduate Club, Sports Marketing Intern, Game-Day Operations Staff, Mountainlair Special Events and Programming Graduate Assistant, Mountaineer Hospitality Liaison 

Dream job: It would definitely be Vice President of Events for the NFL.

Fun fact: Co-founder of the Dancing With Our Mountaineer Stars competition

Celebrity Crush: The same as every other female’s: Channing Tatum 

Advice for future PR/ event planning majors: Take the risk and pay attention to the details, as my best friend has always told me “The greater the risk the greater the reward!”