This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

“For people that don’t know what “Call Her Daddy” means, the word “daddy” is like, you’re a boss… you are in control of your life. We are saying, no, no, no, girls can be daddy too…” – Alex Cooper

Meet Alex Cooper: the 28-year-old who is worth $98 million dollars for her very popular podcast, “Call Her Daddy.” Cooper was born in Newton, Pennsylvania and then went on to play division I soccer at Boston University. After graduating, she met her soon-to-be BFF; Sofia Franklyn. They then began talking about creating a podcast together. After realizing how similar their interests were, they created the podcast , “Call Her Daddy” The podcast began to grow starting in 2018. From talking about relationships to fashion, hookup culture, and more, their first four episodes were a hit. 

After receiving so much attention, David Portnoy, founder of Barstool Sports reached out to Alex via Instagram, following up with a 3-year deal with Barstool. The first year they each made $75,000, the second year they made $85,000 and the year after that they received $100,000. With the podcast being so popular the hosts received a raise. As “Call Her Daddy” was turning into more than just a podcast now they began creating all kinds of merch.

When unsure of who to sign with and who not to sign with, there was drama that came between the two. Franklin didn’t agree to the new terms, conditions, and the payment but Cooper did. For these reasons, Franklin decided to leave Cooper, to this day, being the only host (although, that is not a bad thing for the Founding Father). During the time the two were having issues, they were unsure of what company would pay for their content because Barstool said no to any requests from both of the girls at this point. This caused them to end their contract with Barstool in early 2021. 

Then, in June 2021, Cooper officially signed a $60 million deal with Spotify. In later months, guests such as Tana Mongeau, Hailey Bieber, Jamie Lynn Spears and more big-name and sometimes controversial celebs have been featured on the podcast. Cooper continues to grow in wealth and popularity. 

As Father Cooper says; daddy gang.

Justice is a junior at West Virginia University from York, Pennsylvania. She is majoring in Communications with a minor in Advertising. In her free-time she enjoys writing, reading and going to the gym. She hopes of one day working for a fashion magazine company in a large city.