ABC’s Newest Bachelor Smiles his Way into the Hearts of Women Everywhere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

On Jan. 7, ABC introduced to us to one of the hottest bachelors yet, Sean Lowe.  

Though to many fans of the reality show, Lowe wasn’t hard to remember.

We first met Lowe on the reality series in its 16th season on The Bachelorette, where he fell in love with Morgantown native Emily Maynard.  Though many of us hoped Lowe would win her heart, he walked away as the second runner-up.

But now, with a fresh new start, a bright smile, sparkling eyes, and a gorgeous body (those abs!), this southern gentleman is getting a second chance at love.

This 28-year-old Texan decided to shake things up a bit on the Jan. 7 premiere by handing out roses throughout the night, straying away from the traditional rose ceremony.  He even gave a rose to Tierra, a brown haired Britney Spears look-alike, within minutes of her stepping out of the limo! A first for The Bachelor series.

But that wasn’t the only shock of the night we saw. There were a few other cringe- worthy moments.

There was a 50 Shades of Grey fanatic, Ashley, who brought a tie for Lowe to tie her up in, and repeatedly said she wanted spanked. Lowe later called her 50 Shades of Drunk; her intoxication didn’t go unnoticed.

Then, there was Lesley, who arrived clad in a bridal gown, vail, and so diligently gave Lowe his first smack on the lips of the season.

We also saw a backhand spring in an evening gown go wrong, a poorly sung song from an overly spray tanned blonde, and a shoeless yoga instructor.  But there is one contestant that had the twitter world already falling in love with her, Sarah.

“I only have one arm, but I have the same heart,” said the L.A. blonde to Lowe as she opens up about her insecurity.  Sarah was born with only half of her left arm, but she already seems like one of the most real women in the house.

However, only time will tell who these women really are, and we have plenty of drama and romantic adventures to look forward of this season of The Bachelor.  Though once considered the nice guy, Sean Lowe will be breaking many hearts. But with a smile like that, it’s going to be hard to stay disappointed at this bachelor. 

You can see this hunky heartthrob on Monday nights on ABC, and even follow him on twitter at @seanlowe09.  If you’re lucky, you may get a tweet back while he’s live tweeting during the show!

Tori is a senior at West Virginia University. She majors in Advertising and aspires to work in a big advertising agency after graduation. Tori was both Social Chair and Public Relations Chair for her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. She enjoys being involved in different organizations at WVU. Originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Tori was born and raised a Mountaineer. She loves to hang out with friends and be social. Tori would describe herself as outgoing, passionate, and motivated.