8 Pros to Being Single on Valentines Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1. 50 Shades Darker was in theaters

If I had to describe my ideal Valentine’s Day, it would probably involve staring at Christian Grey on a large screen for a couple hours while shoving handfuls of popcorn in my mouth.

2. Your wallet didn’t suffer

While everyone else is dropping hundreds of dollars on chocolates and presents for their SO, you get to save up to splurge on yourself.

3. It was acceptable to consume large amounts of wine

It’s okay, you can finish that bottle of Moscato. You deserve it.

4. No Stress

There was absolutely nothing you have to worry about, except for deciding which Lifetime movie you will be watching next.

5. You didn’t have to look presentable for anyone

Lounged around all day in a groufit, and didn’t even bother brushing your hair. There’s no one you need to impress.

6. Galentine’s Day

You got to round up all your single girlfriends and have a girl’s night. You stayed in to watch movies and eat pizza or go out together and flirt with strangers. No matter what you do, Galentine’s Day is way better than the actual holiday.

7. Candy Sales

All of us single ladies definitely took advantage of all the discounted candy on February 15…and we didn’t have to share!

8. You got to be your own Valentine

And that’s the best damn Valentine you could ask for.

Carly is a senior journalism major in the Reed College of Media with a minor in sports communication. In addition to being a writer for Her Campus, Carly is also a news reporter for WVU's The Daily Atheneum. Originally from Bucks County, Pa., Carly is a huge Philadelphia sports fan. Some of her favorite hobbies include petting dogs, drinking wine and going to concerts. 
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!