7 Ways To Stay Organized This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Goodbye winter break *sighs*, hello spring semester! A new semester has arrived which means new classes, new grades, and absolutely no stress, YET! Don’t let the new semester blind you, procrastination is real, just ask your last semester grades… The key (DJ Khaled voice) is to keep your eye on the ball and to definitely stay organized; it’ll be a life saver in the end. So here are some super easy tips to make sure you stay organized!

1. Agenda/ Planners

Getting an agenda 100% is a complete lifesaver. Something so simple can save a lot of disasters in the future. Having a place to keep all of your assignments, appointments, work schedules and to-do lists in one place will be a blessing!

2. Color Coordinated Notebooks/ Laptop Folders

Color coordinating your notebooks and laptop files will make sure nothing goes misplaced! For MacBook users simply doubled click on the folders and change the tag colors!

3. Pouches

Don’t just throw everything in your purse or book bag; make sure everything has its place! Having separate pouches for your pencils, change and feminine products will help so much more and make it a breeze to find things.

4. Dry Erase Calendars

While being organized with a planner is a great tool to take to class having a dry erase calendar in your room is helpful as well. Physically seeing every day the things you have to accomplish will be a constant reminder and soon become a habit.

5. File Boxes

File boxes in your at home work space is important in keeping all of your important files and syllabi for classes. Having them in an easy to reach location will be smart whenever you need to double check when an assignment is due!

6. Set a bed time

Although we’re big kids now setting a designated sleeping time will you get the right amount of sleep. While all nighters used to be a part of your schedule becoming organized will ensure you won’t procrastinate anymore.

7. Prioritize

Last, but definitely not least, prioritizing your time is a major key to staying organized this semester. Ask yourself, “Is Tequila Tuesday that important?” Once you’ve learned to prioritize your time properly the semester will be a breeze!

Hi, everyone! I'm Chastity, a senior at WVU majoring in Strategic Communications with an empahasis in  Advertising. I am a lover of writing and fashion, a reality show junkie, and a tad celebrity obssessed. I love finding new inspirations on Tumblr whether it be fashion or lifetsyle. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.