7 Things that scream, “No. Just No,” to the female mind.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

The dating culture has completely changed for the newer generations. From Tinder to just having a conversation, there are things that can change a person’s game almost instantly. Here are seven things all males should avoid at all costs if they wish to keep a female’s attention.

1. Wearing Abercrombie and Fitch in your 20’s.  This screams you’re trying to make up for not being cool in junior high or you’re just clueless.

2. Cat-calling. When will men learn? We don’t like this. Don’t whistle. Don’t scream. Any woman who is worth your time has been dealing with this forever and you sir, are nothing special.

3. Texting us at 2 a.m. We know what you want… and as much as we would love to have an intellectual conversation with you at this hour, some of us value sleep.

4. Trying to talk to us at the gym. This is an absolute no. I once had a guy slip me his number when I was running on the track. I didn’t only question his eagerness to do excessive cardio but I also questioned where he got the pen and paper.

5. Being glued to your phone. This makes us feel unimportant. It’s one thing to check your phone but when you’re madly texting, you should’ve just stayed home.

6. ONLY posting photos of your muscles. Clearly you love your body more than Jesus and your mom. There’s definitely no room for anyone else.

7. Acting like you’re irreplaceable. I think Beyonce said it best here.

I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.