7 Reasons You Should Be Looking Forward to this Thanksgiving Break

Gobble gobble! You know what that means, its fall’s perfect answer to our end-of-the-semester slump…its Thanksgiving break! Finally, we can toss our worries aside for a while and spend time with the ones we love while enjoying the delicious food you didn’t help make. Here’s what you should be looking forward to this Thanksgiving!

1. Seeing your family!

For those of you who have gone months without seeing your family, this alone should have you anxious to get home. There is no better feeling than knowing that there are people (and pets!) at home, waiting to bear hug you and provide you with all the comforts of home. Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful for all the blessings in your life; family and friends should be at the top of that list.

2. The food, duh.

Its time to roll up those sleeves, y’all, you’re about to dig into a feast you’ve been drooling about since last Thanksgiving. Stuffing, mashed potatoes, biscuits, turkey, and of course, the culmination of all things fall, pumpkin pie. Just basically anything carb filled, right? Raise your hand if you can feel your “food baby” now.

3. Hanging out with your high school friends

Being away at college has given you the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. But being back in your hometown, you start to realize how much you missed those old familiar faces. You’ll catch up, gossip about so and so from high school and maybe open a bottle of wine. Or two. 

4. Sleeping in your own bed

Those old, pancake-flat things college calls beds have you debating whether you should see a chiropractor, so being able to sleep in your comfy bed at home is no question one of the best parts of Thanksgiving break. Get ready for some of the best sleep you haven’t had in a while. 

5. Thanksgiving Day football

The reason no one helps mom out with the cooking and your dad’s excuse to have a few brewskies, its Thanksgiving Day football. Whether you like football or not, I bet you can’t remember a Thanksgiving where football wasn’t on the TV that day.

6. Black Friday

So you’ve given thanks, chowed down on turkey and watched some football…that must mean its time for some shopping! Black Friday, as chaotic as it may be, you can’t deny that you get some kind of thrill from all those sales and deals. It’s your chance to get Christmas shopping out of the way and maybe snag a few marked down items for yourself. But if you’re not brave enough to face the madness, there’s always Cyber Monday.     

7.  It’s the Holiday Season!

Once Thanksgiving is over we will be amidst the holiday season. Soon we will be playing Christmas music radio on Pandora and all the stores will be decking their halls. But you’re not mad, because it’s the most wonderful time of the year, right?

Thanksgiving break is about being around family, good food and good times. So enjoy it before the craziness that is the holiday season starts! Happy Thanksgiving!

Ashley a senior from Virginia Beach, VA attending WVU. She is currently majoring in Print Journalism and minoring in Spanish. After graduating in May 2016, she hopes to start her career by writing for a magazine or online media company. Besides blogging, she enjoys the going to the beach, watching movies and spending time with the ones she loves.