7 Reasons To Look Forward To Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Midterms are over and classes are at it full-force to finish out the remainder of the semester.  We’ve experienced fall break and Halloween; right now, we are all ready for Thanksgiving break, which honestly, will be here before we know it.  To help get you through these next couple of weeks, here are some reasons to look forward to Thanksgiving break.

1. No class = RELAXATION

This is obvious.  Thanksgiving break is the perfect time to literally sit on the couch and do absolutely nothing school related (unless you have a professor who likes to assign work over break…not fair).  Try to give your anxiety and stress a rest.

2. Delicious home-cooked meals

One of my favorite reasons, actually THEE favorite.  Lets face it, none of us are as good of cooks as our parents.  We’ve basically been living on Ramen and popcorn for the past 3 months.  Consider this week the time to eat as much good food as you can to make up for your poor choices.

3. Sleeping-in

Nothing is more exciting than not having to set your morning alarm.   No responsibilities mean the most perfect sleep you can imagine.  Here’s to waking up comfortably and rested on our own internal clocks.

4. Family time

With Thanksgiving break comes Thanksgiving Day of course.  Nothing beats spending quality time with the ones who love you the most.  Wake up and watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, help mom do some cooking and hug your grandparents tight.  Nothing is as good of a stress-reliever than time with the fam.

5. Black Friday shopping

Only the best Friday of the year.  Girls, this is our destined holiday.  Shopping all night and all day.  Black Friday gives us poor college students prices that we can actually afford.  Go crazy, have fun!

6. Hanging out with old friends.

Of course you have to visit your oldest besties while you’re home.  Nothing beats catching up with each other after not seeing them for months.  It’s time to reminisce on the old times when you were a little less mature and goofy.

7. A chance to mentally prepare for finals

We all know as Thanksgiving break ends, it’s time for finals.  Luckily, we have this time to mentally and physically (lots of sleep) to prepare.  This break will whip you into shape and get ready to make finals your B word.

So, don’t get discouraged as we face these next couple of weeks.  We have so much to look forward to!

Kaitlyn is a senior print journalism major at West Virginia University with a minor in music performance.  She enjoys writing, playing music, being outdoors and binge watching Netflix.
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.