6 Tips On Staying Warm, But Looking Great While Doing It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

It’s the end of October and we can look forward to many cold nights coming soon.  But don’t let that rain on your “going out” parade; there are many ways to stay warm, but still look your best on a Friday night.

1. Flannels                                                                                                                             

One of the easiest ways to stay warm is to incorporate a flannel into your outfit of the night.  Want to wear that little black dress?  Perfect.  Just add your favorite flannel on top and you’re ready to take on the night. 

2. Sweaters                                                                                                                             

The best thing about fall is the endless amount of sweaters, so why not wear one out?  A warm slouchy sweater with leggings or even a cute sweater-dress is the perfect outfit for a cold, fall night. 

3. Tights                                                                                                                          

Forever 21 is always my go-to store for super cute tights.  You can find endless amount of tights in different colors and patterns.  They’re the perfect addition to a cute outfit, not to mention they’ll keep your legs warm for more dancing with friends.                                   

4. Boots                                                                                                                                      

My favorite form of shoe ever!  Boots are my symbol for fall.  They go with almost everything and are guaranteed to keep your toes warm.  Don’t forget to pair them with super cute boot socks. 

5. Leather Jackets                                                                                                              

They seem to be pretty popular these days.  They are practically the icing on the cake for a fall outfit.  What is a better way to stay warm than a cute jacket?  Duh.                                                  

6. LEGGINGS                                                                                                                            

Ah, leggings.  We wait for their arrival every year.  There is absolutely nothing more comfortable than throwing on a pair with a cute sweater.  You can even buy them insulated!  Definitely a go-to for this crisp, cool weather. 

Enjoy fall while it lasts.  Soon, it will be winter and we’ll have to break out the Northface.  Here’s to staying warm!  

Kaitlyn is a senior print journalism major at West Virginia University with a minor in music performance.  She enjoys writing, playing music, being outdoors and binge watching Netflix.
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.