5 Reasons Why it is Never Too Early for Holiday Prepping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

So Halloween might have just happened… and yes maybe it is the middle of November. But it can never be too early to break out your fuzzy Christmas socks, colorful lights, and cheerful music.

1. Target stocks their Christmas Section

The minute Halloween ends, Target purges their entire Fall section and decks it out with holiday items: lights, decorations, stockings, and most importantly, CANDY!

2. Starbucks starts selling their holiday drinks- and hello holiday cups!

It is now the time of year that Starbucks- goers know of as red cup season! Our favorite holiday flavored drinks: the peppermint mocha, gingerbread latte, eggnog latte, chestnut praline latte, and the caramel brulee latte are now back for us to enjoy. This year Starbucks will be pouring your hot drinks into decorated, holiday designed cups. ‘Tis the season for red cups!

3. Holly Radio Station comes back to SiriusXM

You know it is soon time for the holidays when Holly comes back on the radio. This station starts playing in early November, and features artists such as Mariah Carey, Michael Bublé, Kelly Clarkson, Pentatonix, Rod Stewart, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Chicago, Josh Groban, Madonna, and Bruce Springsteen. All the songs that make you think of the holidays.

4. Black Friday Deals

If you have ever been Black Friday shopping, you know how crazy the stores get, and how crazy the sales are! Tons of people take advantage of this day to get some holiday shopping out of the way. A nice kickstart to the holiday season!

5. Freeform’s Countdown to Christmas

The channel that most of us know of as “ABC Family” will begin their countdown to Christmas on Saturday, November 18th, so throw on your fuzzy socks, and get your hot chocolate and cookies ready for an all day movie marathon!

Alexa is a junior at West Virginia University, studying honors public relations with a minor in Spanish and strategic social media. She is an editor and YouTube director for Her Campus WVU. Alexa entertains herself with funny YouTube videos, travel, and Netflix binge-watching. Her post-graduation plans haven't been mapped out quite yet, but she hopes to do something that will keep her creativity flowing.
Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.