sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons Why Halloween Is the Best Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1. The costumes

Planning a Halloween costume can be stressful. Usually the planning starts weeks, even months, in advance and your costume can still not turn out the way you wanted it. Every now and then, your costume turns out perfect and you can’t wait to show everyone

2. The atmosphere

Maybe because now it is officially fall and the leaves are finally turning pretty colors or you can where your favorite sweater, Halloween has the best atmosphere. Nothing is better than filling your house or apartment up with various decorated pumpkins, too.

3. The movies

From horror movies to Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown, there is always a good Halloween movie. You can binge watch movies for days and never get tired of them. Just make sure you have plenty of popcorn!

4. The parties

Even if you’re not a partier, Halloween parties are fun. Halloween parties have been all the rage since kindergarten and you were able to dress up and show off your cool costume. Not much has changed since then.

5. The candy

This one may be obvious. As a college student, you love free stuff. When you were a kid, you didn’t realize how lucky you were to be able to get free stuff just by knocking on a stranger’s door. Not to mention, who doesn’t love free chocolate?

Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.