This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

We all know too well the agony of cracked, peeled and dry lips and what a pain they can be. No matter what time of the year, it’s bound to strike us all. Don’t fear though we’ve got you covered, these five lip balms will become your new essentials, as well as, your new best friends. 

1. O’Keeffe’s Lip Repair Lip Balm

This is by far my holy grail when it comes to lip balm. No matter how cracked or dry my lips, O’Keefe’s never fails me. It’s easy to come by, you can find it at almost any grocery store or drug store. It comes in a stick form as well as a tube if that’s more your style. You can also get one with cooling relief. It won’t break the bank either with it being just under $5.

Google images                                                                                                  

2. Fresh’s Sugar Lip Treatment Advanced Therapy

The softest and most buttery lip care out there that’s a bit on the pricey side at $26, but definitely worth it. You can even get it in tinted colors for a little pop to your pout! It’s made with sea fennel to help smooth fine lines and wrinkles and define the lip area and orange extract to help protect the lips that are rich in antioxidants. It’s a product that’s sure to keep your lips soft and supple all the time! 

Google images

3. Rosebud Salve by ROSEBUD PERFUME CO.

This balm is great not only for your chapped lips but it can also be used to treat chapped elbows and knees to help condition and soothe dryness. If you’re a mother with a little one or someone who takes care of babies it can also be used for diaper rash! The balm is one of Sephora’s  Clean at Sephora™products, meaning it’s completely free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehyde, phthalates, and mineral oils. Its beautiful and delicate rose scent smells just as fabulous as it works. This balm is a great addition to anyone’s purse for a quick pick me up look!

Google images

4. Jack Black’s Intense Lip Therapy Lip Balm with SPF 25

The perfect lip balm that’s a little more on the masculine side. This lip balm is perfectly curated without parabens, sulfates and phthalates. It comes in five scents all in a matte finish, so there’s something for everyone whether you like something fruity, minty or with shea butter. Your friends just might end up taking it, it’s that amazing. It also has SPF 25 within it to protect your lips from those sun rays you’ll soon be catching this spring and summer. It can be considered a high-end product without the high-end price, being only $8. 

Google images

5. Blistex’s DCT Lip Treatment

Blistex© puts their lip balm into perspective with the perfect slogan, “Remember, LIPS DON’T TAN, BUT THEY DO BURN.” We all forget sometimes to care about the simplest thing –our lips. When this happens DCT lip treatment will correct your mistakes in no time. Use this at night before you go to bed after exfoliating your lips. It’s made with Vitamin E, protectants and moisturizers. It costs around $3. 

Google images

Rose is a sophomore at WVU majoring in Exercise Physiology with a minor in psychology. She plans on going to medical school to become a pediatric cardiologist. Rose is a very passionate and strong-willed character who never stands down and is always showing love. She's a daredevil willing to try anything new or crazy. You can find her hiking in the woods, kayaking, gazing at the stars or exploring something new in the city.
Her Campus at West Virginia University