This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

‘Tis the season to eat and we’ve got some of the most festive and simple holiday treats!

1. Peppermint Puppy Chow

What You’ll Need:

• Box of plain Chex cereal
  • Bags of White Chocolate Chips
  • Pack of candy canes

1) Start by melting your white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring occasionally until completely melted. Be careful not to overcook the chips.

2) Unwrap your candy canes and place in a Ziploc bag. Smash the candy canes on a hard surface until in small pieces.

3) Pour your melted white chocolate over the Chex mix in a large bowl and stir (be careful not to crush the cereal pieces too much).

4) When all of the cereal is coated in the white chocolate, pour the mixture out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.

5) Place in refrigerator until hardened and enjoy!

2. Chocolate-Covered Marshmallows

What You’ll Need:

• Bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Bag of large marshmallows
  • Lollipop sticks
  • Holiday sprinkles

1) Start by melting you semi-sweet chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring occasionally until completely melted. Be careful not to overcook the chips.

2) Prepare your marshmallows for dipping by placing a lollipop stick into each one and then placing them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.

3) Dip each marshmallow into the melted chocolate until about 2/3 is covered. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with holiday spinkles and place on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.

4) Place in refrigerator until hardened and enjoy!

3. White Chocolate Holiday Bark

What You’ll Need:

• White chocolate baking bars
  • Assorted toppings (crushed candy canes, pretzels, M&Ms, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc.)

1) Melt your white chocolate baking bars in 30 seconds intervals stirring occasionally until completely melted. Be careful not to overcook.

2) Spread the melted white chocolate onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with your toppings! Don’t hold back- you can add as much or a little as you want!

3) Place the bark into the refrigerator until hardened, break into chunks, and enjoy!

5. Cake Batter Popcorn

What You’ll Need:

• Bag of popcorn
  • Box of funfetti cake mix (plain vanilla will work if you cannot find funfetti)
  • Bag of white chocolate chips
  • Cereal marshmallows (optional)
  • Sprinkles (optional)

1) Cook your popcorn in the microwave until fully popped.

2) While your popcorn is cooling, melt your white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals stirring occasionally until fully melted.

3) Carefully combine the melted white chocolate with the popcorn. Try to avoid getting any un-popped kernals in the mixture.

4) Add your bag of cake mix to the mixture and combine until all pieces are coated.

5) Top with your choice of sprinkles, marshmallows, or nothing at all. Enjoy!

I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!