This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

There is no better way to spend this year than seeing your favorite artists live, surrounded by people who love them just as much as you do. Many notable artists released new music in 2018 and are going to spend this year on tour, so it’s never too early to start thinking about who you want to see.

Ariana Grande: The Sweetener World Tour

Ariana Grande has taken the pop music scene by storm over the past year, and it doesn’t look like she’ll be slowing down anytime soon. She had massive success with her fourth studio album “sweetener”, which was released on August 17, and is still releasing chart-topping singles like “Thank u, Next” and “7 Rings.”

She announced the North American leg of The Sweetener World Tour in October, which will kick off in Albany, NY on March 18th. Due to her upcoming Coachella appearance, she had to reschedule 10 tour dates. She is only the fourth female ever to headline Coachella, as well as the youngest.

Shawn Mendes: The Tour

Shawn Mendes has been a heartthrob since the days of Vine, and he has become more popular and successful with each new album he has released. He announced his tour before his new self titled album came out, back in May 2018.

He has recently been tweeting about how excited he is to play songs off of his new album for his fans since many of them have never been played live before. With three albums of material to play from, Shawn Mendes: The Tour should be his best tour yet. You really can’t go wrong seeing one of his shows this year.

The 1975

The 1975 may not be one of the most popular bands on the radio, but for the people who know and love their music, their 2019 tour could not come any faster. The 1975’s music is the perfect mix of pop and rock, and it is relatable to almost any listener.

They are traveling all over the world this year touring their new album “A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships”. The North American leg of the tour begins on March 16 in Mexico and wraps up June 2019 in Toronto, Canada.     

Kacey Musgraves

Kacey Musgraves has had tremendous success in 2018 with her Grammy-nominated album, “Golden Hour”. She is currently touring the album on her Oh, What a World: Tour, and many of the shows are already sold out.

From disco beats to piano ballads, her new album and tour are filled with variety. She shows that it’s possible to create something great when pop and country are mixed together. The U.S. part of the tour ends in June, and she will wrap up 2019 playing festivals.

Travis Scott

Travis Scott had major success in 2018 with his newest album “ASTROWORLD”, and he spent the second half of 2018 on tour. The first leg of the tour was so successful that he had to add extra dates to some of the major cities.

He announced the second leg of his ASTROWORLD: Wish You Were Here Tour and plans to hit the road again at the end of January.

Kasey is a senior at West Virginia University from Elkton, Maryland. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Strategic Social Media, Sport Communications and Fashion Merchandising. She loves writing, being outdoors, listening to music and going to concerts. Most importantly, she is an avid Katy Perry fan. In the future, she hopes to do PR for a sports team.
Her Campus at West Virginia University