15 “Small” Things in Life Everyone Should Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1. The smell of coffee

Nothing is better than smelling coffee whenever you’re struggling to wake up. Just the smell is able to give you enough energy to get through your day.

2. Sleeping in

Who cares if it’s 1 in the afternoon, at least you got to sleep in and at least you feel refreshed.

3. Getting an email that class is cancelled

Whether you planned on going or not…. at least you don’t have to worry about it.

4. Waking up to your pet right beside you

Talk about true love.

5. Free food samples

Who doesn’t want to try food that’s free even if it is bite size? No one said you couldn’t go back for more.

6. Netflix

Movies, and T.V. shows, and no sleeping, oh my!

7. When people tell you how funny you are

This is one of the best compliments anyone can receive. Finally, someone thinks the lame jokes are funny!

8. When there’s no line for food/coffee in the morning

Now you won’t be late for class!

9. Finding a parking spot in the lair during a busy time

10. Clean sheets

Even though changing them isn’t so great, the feeling of laying in clean sheets in worth it.

11. The satisfaction from finishing an entire stick of chapstick

This feels like your biggest accomplishment in life.

12. Being obsessed with a song that isn’t overplayed on the radio  

Because there is nothing worse than loving a song, but hating it weeks later because the radio plays it too much.

13. When your phone doesn’t die throughout the day

And when it does die it’s usually during a class you hate to pay attention in.

14.  Putting just the right amount of creamer in your coffee

Usually when that happens, you know you’re going to have a good day.

15. Not losing majority of your hair-ties/bobby pins

If you don’t lose the entire pack within a week, you have found the secret to success.

I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!