14 Struggles Only Girls with Long Hair Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

My long locks are one of my favorite accessories. I couldn’t even tell you the last time I had my hair cut above my boobs, and the thought of myself rocking a bob makes me cringe. Although I do love my long hair, there are plenty of times when it makes me want to pull a Britney Spears circa 2007. I know all you other long haired ladies can relate to these struggles:

1. Only being able to use thick hair ties

2. Finding your hair everywhere

3. Getting your hair caught under your backpack/purse strap 

4. Brushing your hair is an arm workout

5. Going through bottles of shampoo and conditioner like it’s your job

6. Getting your hair stuck under your armpits when you’re sweaty

7. Sticky lip gloss is your worst enemy

8. The knots… all the knots

9. Wondering everyday how you’re not already bald

10. Driving with all the windows down is a disaster

11. Your messy bun always looks like a bird’s nest on top of your head

12. Having a million people say “OMG your hair is so long! When was the last time you got a haircut?!”

13. Not being able to wear sunglasses on your head without them getting stuck in your hair

14. Accidentally whipping anyone in the face who’s standing within two feet of you

Carly is a senior journalism major in the Reed College of Media with a minor in sports communication. In addition to being a writer for Her Campus, Carly is also a news reporter for WVU's The Daily Atheneum. Originally from Bucks County, Pa., Carly is a huge Philadelphia sports fan. Some of her favorite hobbies include petting dogs, drinking wine and going to concerts. 
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!