11 Must Have’s In Your Closet This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

It’s that time of year again! Time to start putting away the shorts and pulling out the yoga pants. Fall is just around the corner and while stocking up on pumpkin spiced lattes; there are some things you need to stock your closet up with. So here are 11 fall must haves to make your closet oh-so-chic!

1. Booties: whether they be flat or with heals you can’t go wrong with a trusty pair to wear on those chilly autumn afternoons.

2. Scarves: an endless collection of colors and patterns never hurt anyone.

3. Vests: these are the perfect thing to top of your outfit, a bit more coverage for and extra cloudy day.

4. Sweaters: these can be dressed up or down and with a pair of skinny jeans and boots, will keep you cozy on your walks to class.

5. Hats: ball caps or beanies go great on a bad hair day and still look cute when paired with a sweatshirt and yoga pants

6. Yogas/leggings: these scream “I woke up late” but who really cares! Some days you just don’t feel like putting on a cute outfit and these do the job just fine

7. Military jacket: something that matches with just about anything but goes good with a flannel and some combat boots

8. Flannels: these come in all colors and patterns and look great with the right scarf and some vans

9. Tote: weather is be monogrammed or Kate Spade any kind of tote is great for carrying around books, a laptop or just for everyday use!

10. Flats: these are a casual comfortable way to top off a laid back look and make it look dressed up

11. Tights: these are something that go great with skirts that might not exactly be right for fall but help keep your legs warm on those extra cool days

I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.