10 Thoughts You Have While Taking The PRT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Whether it’s to class or to a football game, we’ve all taken the PRT at some point. More times than not, the PRT breaks down and you get stuck on Evansdale and miss your class, or worse you get stuck in the middle of the tracks on a crowded PRT. So, here’s some thoughts we’ve all had when taking the PRT:

1. “This F***ING thing sucks!”

This is without a doubt the first thing that comes to everyone’s mind. The frustration is real when riding the PRT, and it’s okay to think this (or even say it).

2. “I need a beer… Or ten.”

Riding the PRT is stressful and annoying; having an alcoholic beverage might just make it a little more tolerable. 

3. “Why the hell are there five cars just sitting here not letting anyone on?”

When there are five cars just chillin’ when there’s 30+ people waiting to go to Beechurst, NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

4. “Whoever made this thing sucks.”

A daily thought because clearly you could have designed it better.

5. “No one cares about how your boyfriend broke up with you, shut up.”

The phone call to your BFF can wait five minutes until you get off the PRT. Your BFF will still be there and your boyfriend still won’t.

6. “Holy crap, what’s that smell??

When there’s a lot of people crammed into one car, it’s bound to happen if you know what I mean.

7. “There’s only two people on here, why did you have to sit right next to me?”

Have you ever heard of personal space? Not only is this weird, but also extremely uncomfortable.

8. “Turn your music up a little louder, I can barely hear it.”

These people are the WORST. We get it. You listen to Waka Flocka Flame.

9. “Why did the door literally just shut on me?”

Not only is this super annoying and embarrassing, it hurts! That door is really strong and trying to get in a car before it hits you is like an Olympic sport.

10. “Wonder how long this beer can has been here for?”

If you’ve ever ridden the PRT after a football or basketball game, you’ve seen the empty Natty Light cans and Burnett’s bottles that line the corners of every PRT car. Sometimes, these things sit in there for days.

Although we all dread taking the PRT most days, there’s no better feeling than screaming “LET’S GO MOUNTAINEERS!” on Game Day.

Hey, everyone! I'm Jamie. I'm a Senior Strategic Communications major with Emphasis in Public Relations. I'm a Pittsburgh native, and after graduation I hope to pursue my passion in Public Relations and writing!
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.