10 Things Sex and the City Taught Us That We Will Never Forget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Thirteen years ago, one of the best and most inspiring TV shows ended.  Instead of crying over the end of Sex and the City (we were really young anyways), let’s take a moment to appreciate everything the original girl gang taught us.

1. How to be “single and fabulous”

2. That being a woman is okay (in fact you should be proud of who you are)

3. Men might not always be there for you, but your girls will be

4. You and your friends might have different views but it’s okay because you all bring something to the table

5. Sometimes you have to buy the shoes.

6. Wear whatever you want.

7. Everything you’ve ever needed to know about relationships

8. It’s okay to fall down

9. But you have to get back up

10. That there’s never a reason to lose hope

Kristen completed her undergraduate degree in journalism at West Virginia University in May 2019. She is currently pursuing her master's degree in the Integrated Marketing Communications program at WVU. During undergrad, she was the managing editor of Her Campus at WVU and editor-in-chief of Mirage Magazine in the 2018-2019 year. Kristen is currently the student editor at 100 Days in Appalachia and a freelance writer for West Virginia-based publications. Previously, she has served as the communications and marketing intern for the WVU Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, a writing and editing intern for New South Media and a photographer for the Daily Athenaeum. She is an avid fan of alt-rock, photography and advocating for women's equality and the prevalence of solutions journalism. Kristen hopes to one day report on internet culture and technology. 
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!