This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WSU chapter.

Traveling the world is most everyone’s dream. Less than three months away, summer is the perfect time for yo u to finally open your wallet and buy yourself a well-deserved vacation. Work and school can be stressful, but nothing a little weekend, or week-long excursion can cure. Below are the top 10 destinations to travel to in the world (handpicked by me)!

1. Bali, Indonesia

One of the most popular destinations, Bali is affordable and perfect for a summer vacation. Sandy beaches, safaris, Indonesian cuisine and culture, and historical temples.

2. London, United Kingdom

Home to the British Queen, London has many iconic monuments that are known around the world. The Buckingham Palace, London Eye, and Big Ben clock tower. London does not disappoint.

3. Barcelona, Spain

Visiting Barcelona, it is no secret that this city is famous for its art and architecture. Designed by Gaudi, the Sagrada Familia is a landmark you cannot miss while here.

4. Crete, Greece The largest island in Greece, this destination does not disappoint. The landscape itself is a reason for tourists to visit. The additions of its culture and cuisine make this location unreal.

5. Prague, Czech Republic

History awaits you in this beautiful city. Full of medieval towns, breathtaking landscapes and ancient ruins, you won’t be able to leave without had learned something about each town visited.

6. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil The perfect destination to add to your winter break travel plans. Brazil’s summer is from December to March. Escape the cold winters near you and relive your summer.

7. Phuket, Thailand Luxurious excursion on a rainforested island in Thailand. Seaside resorts, clear waters, and fantastic markets.  

8. Hanoi, Vietnam Multiple influences in one city, a great way to become exposed to more than one culture in your getaway. Southeast Asian, Chinese and French influences are present in this culture-rich location.  

9. Sydney, Australia Not only will you love their accents, you will also fall in love with the city. A popular tourist attraction is the Sydney Opera house and wide, sandy, beaches.

10. Paris, France When you think of traveling to Paris, you think of visiting the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and Notre-Dame. The most iconic tourist attractions in Europe.

Campus Correspondent for WSU Chapter
I am a sophomore at Washington State University. I am getting a degree in International Business and am looking forward to a career in Non-Profit work! Be sure to check out WSU's Her Campus page!