This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WSU chapter.

Pullman is an amazing place to go to school. The cougar mentality is something that is hard to find on any other campus. It truly is a home away from home. I know that no matter what cougs help cougs.There is no doubt in my mind that all of us are a family. There are times though, where we feel isolated, alone, and overwhelmed by the stress of college. It is important to remember to focus on taking care of yourself.

Here are a few tips to make sure that you are treating yourself with respect.

Take care of your body.

We all know that in college your eating and drinking habits are not great for your body.  Start by drinking more water and making an actual meal instead of eating ramen for the fourth night in a row. We all know that none of us are going to completely change our eating habits overnight but little changes can make a big difference.

Spend a night being a couch potato.

We all know that life gets stressful and sometimes you need a break. Take a night to binge watch your favorite TV show or have a spa night with your closest friends. You could even just go to bed early. DO something that makes you happy. We all need a break from the craziness of college.

Create a vision board.

I know that this is something most of us haven’t done since middle school but it is so fun. Get a couple of your friends and go crazy. Put up pictures of your role models. Add in a picture of your favorite food.  Write out some of your goals and put them on the board.  Before you know it you will have a board that your 6th grade self would be proud of!

Go for a walk.

We sometimes forget the importance of what being outside can do for us. You will most likely feel a lot better if you go for a walk and enjoy what is around you. You can even hike up one of the many hills in Pullman and get a nice view of the city.

I hope that some of these tips can revamp your desire to work hard and make you more excited about going to the best school in the word. #gocougs

I am a sophomore at Washington State University. I am getting a degree in International Business and am looking forward to a career in Non-Profit work! Be sure to check out WSU's Her Campus page!