Why Your Friends Make Better Valentines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Every year when Valentine’s Day comes around, there are tons of girls who will be saying, tweeting and texting how #foreversingle they are. Us gals shouldn’t get down because we don’t have a significant other to spend it with. Since Valentine’s Day is about celebrating love, why not stop being #bitter about being single and celebrate the love you have for your best friend. Honestly, your best friend knows you better than anyone else, and you probably like the same things, so you won’t have to listen your boyfriend complain about lovey dovey plans or plan something you don’t like. Start your day with your friend by dressing up in cute outfits and make yourselves look all pretty. When you look good, you feel good. Plan a good day. Places will probably be packed for dinner but less crowded for lunch time. If it;s a nice day, do a photoshoot with your friend, and then you’ll be able to insta and write #wedontneedboys. Obviously the whole day you’ll give each other compliments because if you guys are anything like my best friend and me, we’re basically obsessed with each other and compliment each other on the norm. Then, the next day you can go buy all the discounted chocolate that you didn’t get from a boy.

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"