This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

She’s strong, independent, and very hardworking. A woman who inspires me to be myself, and to not be afraid of expressing myself in who I am and who I want to be in the future. My mom has always supported me through the various decisions I’ve made in my life. She is my rock, my best friend, and my number one supporter. To this day I view her to be the woman I want to be when I grow older.

Growing up, I didn’t have any sisters, it was only brothers, and for me to be able to bond with my mom, I found it to be special because we would have small moments where we’d talk about life. As a typical teenager, I would argue with her and disagree with her, but as I grew older I realized what she was doing for me. The sacrifices, the way she was constantly working so my siblings and I would be able to live a good life. It took me a long time to understand her, but now that I do, I love the bond I have with her, and I love her so much. 

During my graduation ceremony in high school, she screamed of happiness, when she heard my name being called to grab my high school diploma. With that in mind, it made me feel so proud of myself to have someone to lean on and tell all my doubts to. As I write this, I tell myself everyday that she is the reason why I attend the university, to make her proud, to hear her yell out that happiness to the world when she sees me graduating college. She is the person who truly inspires me. 

Giannelli is a senior at William Paterson University, majoring in Journalism with a minor in English Literature. She is the senior editor for the universities chapter.