Top 5 Highlights of the 2013 MTV Movie Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Since the very first MTV award show, there have always been unexpected, silly, and even outright outrageous moments each year. This year’s MTV Movie Awards was definitely not short of those crazy moments, with Will Ferrell’s hilarious Comedic Genius Award speech and Rebel Wilson’s fake nip slip. What was your favorite OMG moment of the night? Her Campus WPUNJ narrowed down our top 5 highlights! 

1. The Pitch Perfect Mash-Up: This was the award show’s first live mash-up! The cast of “Pitch Perfect” reunited as the Treblemakers and Barden Bellas as they took the stage with their own versions of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself,” and Alicia Keys’ “Girl on Fire.” They came together for a final performance of “Thrift Shop” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, surprising everyone with their amazing talent.
  2. Rebel Wilson’s Opening Outfit: During the mash-up, Rebel busted out in a skimpy black leather outfit and waving nun-chucks, showing some skin and a whole lot of sass!
  3. The Shirtless Award: And of course the Shirtless Award went to none other than Taylor Lautner, or should we say, Jacob Black. However, with his fake beer belly, his rock hard abs were no where in sight. Oh well! Twilight fans, you’ve done it again!
  4. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Trailer: One of the stars of the film, Liam Hemsworth introduced the never before seen, exclusive teaser trailer only for those of us watching the awards show. The long-awaited sequel is due out November 22.
  5. The Avengers Wins Movie of the Year: Among the nominees were “Django Unchained,” “Silver Linings Playbook,” “Ted,” and “The Dark Knight Rises.” But with its superhero strength and massive star power, Marvel’s The Avengers managed to capture the votes and get away with the title!

If you missed any of the action, you can catch up at MTV.com!

Photo sources:

Photo 1

Photo 2

Lainie is a contributing writer for Her Campus WPUNJ.  She is currently a junior print journalism major. She hopes to one day travel the globe and share her experiences with the world via a blog or in magazine articles. She enjoys listening to music, hanging out with friends and family, and surfing Tumblr for the latest memes. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"